The tale of the pinafore | tori's tales: The tale of the pinafore

13 July 2013

The tale of the pinafore


Grateful you can't see these Primarni shoe specials properly, they've completely fallen apart!
A failed close up that was meant to show off the front (useless) pocket of the pinafore!
Call me a poor man's Jazmine (I sure will, multiple times, and with great emphasis) but I decided I eventually needed to hop on to the pinafore bandwagon, albeit far too late I'm sure!. The day before my trip to meet Chloe in London (if you haven't already, and you fancy doing so, you can read about it here) I popped into town for a bit of a wander. Stumbling into New Look, to shade myself from the sweltering heat (ok yes, I freely walked into it and no, there was no heat) I came across this pinafore whilst rifling through the rails and decided to just go for it and try it on.

No such luck before, I was completely amazed to find it actually fit me (my waist to hip ratio isn't usually so kind!). Taking myself off to pay, I was even happier to find out that, instead of £19.99 (or £16.99, I can't remember, either will do!), the pinafore was £9! (so yes, obviously very late to the party!). Off I then went to H&M to make up for the money I didn't spend (ha) and to find a top to wear underneath. And found I did! This (Breton-stylee) striped tee was sat in the basics section, just waiting to pair with a pinafore. Happy days!

I haven't worn this since Glasto (you briefly see the combo in this post), mainly because I'm lazy (it's so much easier to just pull a dress over my head!) but also because it's been too hot! Hopefully I'll get some wear out of it come the Autumn and Winter months.

Did any of you partake in this trend?

5 comments:

  1. This is such a darling pinafore Tori!! I've been really wanting on but have yet to find the perfect one!! This one looks absolutely perfect on you + the price is almost too good to be true!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you angel, so sweet of you to say! I do hope you find your perfect pinafore soon! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit, it's so cute and what a bargain for the pinafore too! Don't worry I haven't got one yet so you're not the last one to get one!

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good to know! I'm looking forward to pairing it with different bits and bobs come the cooler months!

      Delete
  3. I really love this trend...but I haven't tried it yet! You look fab though :)
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete

To my fabulous Tori's Tales comment'ers - I cherish each and every comment you take the time to leave me and, because of that, I reply to each and every one in return. If you have a Twitter account, then that's where you'll find me replying (because, let's be honest, I live on Twitter. In Twitter. Around Twitter. Twitter). If you don't then fear not, because a) this means you don't say stuff like the things above and b) I'll find you elsewhere.......
(*creeps you all out*)