The what I do to cheer myself up tale | tori's tales: The what I do to cheer myself up tale

6 June 2013

The what I do to cheer myself up tale

Yesterday was a pretty hard day (although I do realise, in the grand scheme of things, one that probably can't be called bad in the actual sense of the word - in calling it so I'd most likely be labelled, quite rightly, a drama queen!) and sometimes, to counteract the unhappy feeling that comes with such a day, one must take time out and do things that makes one smile. And that - for me - means.....


Reminiscing about this sunrise

I took this photo back in 2010 when we were watching the sunrise over the Angkor Wat temple in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Whenever I look at this photo I'm whisked back to a time full of unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells, long sunny days, coach trips (and the obligatory Cambodian karaoke), sandy beaches, coral reef snorkelling, egg-and-baguette breakfasts, one dollllahhhhh, stray dogs, noodles, hotels, hotels and more hotels, tanned feet, jellyfish as big as my head, warm nights, goodies from bakeries, fresh pineapple, smiling faces and bright blue skies. Nowt to complain about here!

Listening to this song (and singing along to it at the top of my lungs - click on it and have your own go!)

Yes, it may be a cheesy one, but for me this song reminds me of travelling with my boy in Eric, in 2011.
Driving through mountains and taking in the beautiful views, all while singing along to Queen, with smiles on our faces and the sunshine pouring in on us through the windows - what could be scrummier?!

Enid Blyton's The Magic Faraway Tree 
Flicking through the pages of this childhood classic

To be transported to a time when I used to read this book brings me nothing but warmth to my heart. And I still love it now, even as an adult. Well, who doesn't like the idea of a land of goodies?! I mean, a cake tree? My idea of heaven! 

(and no, those in the background aren't mine - the boy's sheer scope of books he reads really does put those
I read to shame!)

What do you do when you need a quick pick-me-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To my fabulous Tori's Tales comment'ers - I cherish each and every comment you take the time to leave me and, because of that, I reply to each and every one in return. If you have a Twitter account, then that's where you'll find me replying (because, let's be honest, I live on Twitter. In Twitter. Around Twitter. Twitter). If you don't then fear not, because a) this means you don't say stuff like the things above and b) I'll find you elsewhere.......
(*creeps you all out*)