The tale of Chloe Lee | tori's tales: The tale of Chloe Lee

1 May 2013

The tale of Chloe Lee


......And I'm back!!!! (for the most part anyway!) A little older, no wiser and with a lot more shredded nerves! For those of you who don't follow my twitter (please don't worry, I don't blame you, it tends to just be used for me to moan about my stresses and strains of that particular day!), I have spent the last 5 days (give or take a few hours) revising for an in-class test (and stressing an awful lot about it, despite the fact is is a mere 10% of my overall module grade, sigh!) and writing (yes, as in, reading up on and writing from scratch - despite being off for 4 weeks over Easter, aka prime essay-writing time!) two essays, both of which I handed in this morning. Phew!


Before I make a start on writing a few posts about all the things I've been up to recently (obviously besides pulling my hair out and rocking in a foetal position on our floorboards), I thought I'd post something I've been putting together whilst giving myself the odd little break away from all the god-darned essay writing I went through (it seemed a more productive use of my time then, say, spending it all on twitter!).


In a post that's due in the (hopefully) not too-distant-future, I will be writing about a trip to Birmingham last week that I made to meet up with two wonderful girlies - Maddie (girl needs a shout-out for her redonk-a-donk style, check out her impeccable-ness here, and her blog, here) and the lady whose talents today's post shall be dedicated to; the ever-so-glorious-star, and dear friend of mine, that is Chloe (from Chloe Lee Photography - personal blog here).


Over the past few days, we - twitter, Facebook and real-life friends and fans alike - have had the chance to view the results of two of her most recent shoots; the first, Spectrum, was a personal project and (paraphrasing Chloe's own words here!) a collaboration between herself, Steferny (the model) and Emma (the make up artist - yes, I did have to ask Chloe what MUA meant because I had zero idea!), born from the idea of them all wanting to do a shoot with minimal pressure in the hope of creating some fun, inspiring images. And wouldn't you say they did just that?! It's like a grown-up version of a child playing 'dress up' with her mother's make up box, albeit a lot more professional looking! I think one of the things I love the most is the contrast between the seriousness the model expresses and the playfulness of the make up. It shows you don't have to be all sweet smiles to pull of such a colourful palette!


The second was a shoot with the exquisite Megan, for what I gather to be photos used for her recent blog re-design and, I'm sure, a few other bits and bobs here and there (because, boy, do those photos need to be shown off!). Megan, a pastel-palette and sugary-sweet treats? Delectable!





You can find both sets of photos on Chloe’s photography Facebook page, as well as those of the second shoot on Megan’s Briar Rose Blog Facebook page, and on the blog itself.  Do go take a look, I want as many people as possible to be aware of Chloe’s talents and photography - she deserves the recognition!


Alongside personal projects, Chloe has also shot editorial work - for example, for Crown and Glory’s a/w 12 and s/s 13 campaigns, which you can view on her editorial website (and sneak a peek at below).



A heavenly triple-threat - Chloe's photography skills, Megan's model good-looks and Sophie's Crown and Glory-ous
accessories!

Chloe also shoots weddings (in fact, she will be wedding photographer for none other than Megan herself this coming September!) - one of my favourite wedding photo's of Chloe's is this one below; feel free to marvel at the rest at http://chloeleeweddings.4ormat.com/.



All images courtesy of Chloe Lee Photography



As you can see from all the photos above, not only does Chloe have an abundance of talent when it comes to the actual taking-of photos, she also has so in the case of making people feel comfortable in front of the camera (and that can definitely take some doing). Having now met her in person, I can tell you she is, without a doubt, one of the loveliest, funniest, most-comfortable-of-people-to-just-be-yourself-around kind gal - so no wonder those she has taken photos of look so relaxed (and not to mention, happy) in every image. She's also incredibly modest when it comes to talking about her work, and needs a definite kick in the bum to make her realise just how special she is. Currently coming towards the end of her final project for university (which I won't spill any goss on, but my goodness is it an interesting project - you can take a look at a few props she's bought for it most recently here and try and have a guess at what she's doing!), Chloe will then be making further steps along the path of wedding, portrait and fine-art photography (lifted from facebook, didn't want to get it wrong!) come her deadline day and I've zero doubt she'll make a massive impact; someone with her talents can't help but make a bang.

Chloe, I can't wait for the day when I have my very own shoot with you (and here's to such a dream becoming reality!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To my fabulous Tori's Tales comment'ers - I cherish each and every comment you take the time to leave me and, because of that, I reply to each and every one in return. If you have a Twitter account, then that's where you'll find me replying (because, let's be honest, I live on Twitter. In Twitter. Around Twitter. Twitter). If you don't then fear not, because a) this means you don't say stuff like the things above and b) I'll find you elsewhere.......
(*creeps you all out*)